This may be one of the most hectic tasks on the planet for those people who dream of setting up their blog on their own hosting where they can have wordpress set up to manage their work. Well let me assure this to all you guys that it is really not difficult but ya there is a proper technique to do it and it requires not more than a few minutes to set this up
So lets start the process of installation.
- First of all download and unzip the WordPress package.
- Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL . Its easy just go to the dashboard of your web host and you will easily find the place or option to set up a new database and MySQL is also easy seen(I believe Hostgator and Bluehost to be the best webhosts in this case but still its your wish, go ahead with whosoever you feel like.).Just click n Create New Database and MySQL, and thats it.
- Now go to the place where you have unzipped the wordpress installation package Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php. Just simply find wp-config-sample.php and rename it as you do for other files.
- Now comes an important step.Here you have to edit the file wp-config.php(you renamed in the previous step). Just open it in any text editor(say notepad) and edit it in the following way.
|Hosting Company||DB_HOST Value Guess|
|A Small Orange||localhost|
|Hosts with cPanel||localhost|
|Hosts with Plesk||localhost|
|Hosts with DirectAdmin||localhost|
- Done then simply you have to upload all the files in the wordpress package to the desired location on your web server via FTP. If you want it to be as www.youdomain.com then upload it to the directory www in your server.
- After you have done with your uploading part you have to run the WordPress installation script by accessing wp-admin/install.php in a web browser(say internet explorer, google chrome).
Go to your login page at http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install
Enjoy nice time blogging.